Standardisation Project Coordinator position at ASD-STAN
ASD-STAN is an industrial association which develops and maintains European standards for the European aerospace industry. As an associated body to CEN (European Committee for Standardization) we are the main provider of European aerospace Norms.
Our small Brussels-based team is expanding, and we are looking for a new team member to be able to integrate in the team and support us with ongoing and future initiatives.
Main responsibilities of the candidate:
- Manage the official European standardization process, from a New Work Proposal to the Publication of an EN standard;
- Support ASD-STAN Working groups;
- Participate in ASD-STAN Working group/Domains meetings;
- Facilitate liaison between ASD-STAN Domains/Working Groups and external organisations, public institutions and partners;
- Support member organisations;
- Help running the secretariat of the Technical Authority;
- Report to the Technical Authority;
- Monitor the work programme;
- Promote the strategic objectives of the association;
- Assist ASD-STAN Director;
Profile of the candidate:
- At least 2 years of work experience, preferably in a project management position;
- University degree in a relevant field, proven interest for the aviation sector and ability to work in a technical environment;
- A native English speaker or equivalent level, both written and spoken. Fluency in German and/or French is a big advantage; any other EU languages are welcome;
- Understanding of European Standardisation Process
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet the deadlines;
- Independent and self-motivated individual who is able to work on own initiative to realise size and scope of opportunities to deliver results;
- Proactive and sense of initiative;
- Ability to learn and develop within a fast-paced working environment ;
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality;
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to function in technical environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- IT savvy and the ability to multi-task;
- Able to travel within EU.
- The opportunity to work with main companies and high-level experts of the industry
- Intensive but rewarding work environment
- Office in Brussels, but possibility of teleworking from main EU capitals
- 5 working days per week (37.5 hours)
- One-year full-time contract with possible extension
- 24 days of holidays per year
- Salary package of around 3.000 EUR Gross, with in-kind benefits, Group and Hospitalisation insurances, meal vouchers and eco-cheques.
The successful candidate is expected to start in July-August.