Standardisation Project Coordinator position at ASD-STAN
ASD-STAN is an industrial association which develops and maintains European standards for the European aerospace industry. As an associated body to CEN (European Committee for Standardization) we are the main provider of European aerospace Norms.
Our small Brussels-based team is looking for a new team member to be able to integrate in the team and support with ongoing and future standardisation activities.
Main responsibilities of the candidate:
- Manage the timely and efficient implementation of the standardisation process, from a New Work Proposal to the Publication of an EN standard;
- Support ASD-STAN Working groups, organise meetings, take minutes, etc.;
- Participate in ASD-STAN Working group/Domains meetings;
- Facilitate liaison between ASD-STAN Domains/Working Groups and external organisations;
- Support member organisations with their requests on standards;
- Manage online database and other electronic tools;
- Help running the secretariat of the Technical Authority;
- Report to the Technical Authority;
- Monitor the work programme;
- Assist ASD-STAN Director.
Profile of the candidate:
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in a project coordination/management position;
- University degree in a relevant field, interest for the aviation sector and/or ability to work in a technical environment;
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of French and/or German is a big advantage;
- Understanding of European Standardisation Process is a big plus;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to meet the deadlines;
- Independent and self-motivated individual who is able to work on own initiative to realise size and scope of opportunities to deliver results;
- Proactive and sense of initiative;
- High degree of attention to detail and commitment to quality;
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to function in technical environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- IT savvy and the ability to multi-task;
- Able to travel within EU.
- The opportunity to work with main companies and high-level experts of the industry
- Intensive but rewarding work environment
- One-year full-time contract with possible extension
- Competitive salary with benefits
The successful candidate is expected to start asap.