Domain D06 Quality and Safety Management
Domain Technical Coordinator: Fabrizio DIDO, Safran Landing Systems, France
Domain Secretariat: Marina Epis, BNAE, France
Executive Manager: Paul-Alexander.Cramers, ASD-STAN
|GIFAS||Marina Epis, BNAE|
|DIN e.V.||Stefan Wernecke, DIN NL|
|AIAD||Carmine Scafa, UNAVIA|
|TEDAE||Juan Madrid, TEDAE|
|SOFF||Jens-Peder Ekros, SAAB|
|ADS Group||Andy Maher, BAE Systems|
|EASA||Francesco-Maria Caridei, EASA|
|ASD||Vincent De Vroey, ASD|
|AIRBUS SE||Stéphane Boussu, Airbus|
The ASD-STAN D06 Domain “Quality” covers the development and maintenance of all quality-related documents in the area of product assurance and quality management. It may cover the document development of product assurance management, Quality Management, Quality Assurance, Safety Assurance, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability Assurance, Software Product Assurance. It defines their respective objectives, policies, requirements and implementation standards to achieve the stated overall “Quality” and “Product Assurance” objectives throughout the complete life cycle of the products.
The domain covers on one side the activities of the International Aerospace Quality Group “IAQG” and represents the European sector (EAQG) of IAQG to achieve and involve an European position on the IAQG developments. IAQG develops standards, partly as extension to existing quality management systems, to implement initiatives that make significant improvements in quality and reductions in cost throughout the value stream by establishing and maintaining dynamic cooperation, based on trust, between international aerospace companies. The objectives of IAQG, covered in the ASD-STAN domain, are:
- Establish commonality of aviation, space and defence quality systems, “as documented” and “as applied”
- Establish and implement a process of continual improvement to bring initiatives to life (e.g. Industry expectations, lean manufacturing, performance metrics)
- Establish methods to share best practices in the aviation, space and defence industry
- Coordinate initiatives and activities with regulatory/government agencies and other industry Stakeholders, aiming at the consideration of respective standards as acceptable means of compliance.
Under the umbrella of the ASD Airworthiness Committee and mirrored by ASD-STAN for the standard development and publication process, a set of standards for Design Organization Approval were developed to become European Norms and one Acceptable Means of Compliance with EASA DOA requirements. Design Organization Approval (DOA) holders impose to their design suppliers too many different and often complex sets of requirements for the same topic. A common set of requirements are prepared within Aerospace Industry, EASA and EAQG. It shares with EASA the global objectives of “Simplification” by e.g. minimum requirements, more guidance materials) and creation of Industry Standards.
Any experts interested in involvement in ASD-STAN Domain D06 and its working groups are welcome to contact our Executive Manager Mr Paul-Alexander Cramers.
Working Groups of D06
D06/WG01 EAQG European Aerospace Quality Group
Convener: Giuseppe Leoni, EAQG
Secretariat: Paul-Alexander.Cramers, ASD-STAN
This working group is a mirror committee to cover the initiatives of the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) from European perspective. The IAQG activities will be mirrored by the European Aerospace Quality Group (EAQG).
IAQG is responsible for the development of the 9100 series of quality management standards. In Europe the ballot and publication processes are managed by ASD-STAN. A detailed list of the current publications can be found at the ASD-STAN web-shop following this link: https://asd-stan.org/?post_type=download&s=9100.
D06/WG04 Design Organisation Approval (DOA)
Convener: Gilles Fontaine, Airbus, France / vice-convener : S. Boussu, Airbus, France
Secretariat: Tulay OZGUL, MET Aerospace Technologies LLC, Turkey
As a European Aerospace Industry initiative, with an objective of sharing the surveillance of design suppliers between DOA holders, the ASD Airworthiness Committee gave the mission to the DOA Think Tank to:
Develop DOA guidelines
- Created ab initio or derived / completing existing Industry standards or best practices
- Promoting innovation,
- Taking account of cost efficiency (better use of resources and competence),
- Embedding a risk based approach,
- Measuring the performance, thus allowing prioritisation,
- Used by DOA holders and their design suppliers,
- Standardised by ASD-STAN to become prEN and EN,
- Recognized by EASA (referenced in AMC or Guidance Materials),
- Promoted and deployed via ASD-STAN, EAQG, ASD and any other interested parties
D06/WG05 Relation EN9100 and Part21 (step1 DOA)
Convener: to be confirmed
Secretariat: Marina Epis, BNAE, France
Part21 – Certification of Organisations designing products, parts and Appliances
The objective of the working group is to establish which clauses of EN 9100 are related to the tasks of Part 21 (DOA) and to determine the added value of those relations (step 1 limited to Sub-part D and associated topics).